Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MY PICTURES

• Please log in to reply

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
sotty for big letters i did not realize caps were on

Edited by DOUGLASS3020, 03 December 2010 - 08:03 AM.

Advertisements

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Not really sure what you're asking but you could just move some of your old pictures to the external drive to create more space on the c : drive. That way you don't have to alter anything. If you're using a program to edit pictures then you should have the option to save the pictures to where ever you want.

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I WANT TO REMOVE ALL THE PICTURES TO THE G DRIVE AND HAVE THE COMPUTER GO TO G DRIVE CAUSE I USE MY PICTURES AS MY SCREENSAVER OOPPSS I FORGOT THAT

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you save your pictures you need to save them to the other drive by default. Whatever the program you are using just change the default save path to the external.

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I DON'T KNOW HOW . I WANT TO USE MY PICTURES AS MY SCREEN SAVER BUT I WANT THE COMPUTER TO DIRECT TO G DRIVE

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

I HAVE TOO MANY PICTURES SO I WANT TO FIND A WAY TO DIRECT MY COMPUTER TO GO TO AN EXTERNAL DRIVE G:/ CAUSE THAT'S ALL I HAVE ON G DRIVE . MY COMPUTER IS SO SLOW WITH ALL MY PICTURES CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN DO THIS

I USE MY PICTURES AS MY SCREENSAVER
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN DIRECT MY COMPUTER TO GET PICTURES FROM G DRIVE

Edited by DOUGLASS3020, 02 December 2010 - 06:00 PM.

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
For Windows Xp

right click on the desk top and select Properties

Click the Screen saver tab

Then click on Screen savers and select My picture slide show

In the middle of the window click Settings. ( not the Settings tab at the top )

On the window that comes up you should see the button that says Browse

Just browse to the location ( your G : drive and or folder ) and that should be it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
BTW Douglass3020 please refrain from using caps on everything as that is considered yelling in the forums. :D