Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer has stopped working

• Please log in to reply

adkron

adkron

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi,

I have a Gateway NV78 laptop running Windows 7 and Explorer 8. Verizon is my IP. When I click the Explorer icon after going on line my home page starts to load but before it finishes I receive a message saying “Internet Explorer has stopped working” and I never get to my home page. I called Verizon support and they said it was an Explorer or Gateway problem. I called Microsoft and they said it was a Gateway problem. I got things working by doing a system restore to a week earlier. That worked for a day. The next day all attempts at a system recovery failed.

Windows updates also fail to complete and update when I get on line by doing what appears below..

I can get on line buy closing the “Internet Explorer has stopped working” drop down and than quickly hitting the tools / Internet Options/ option. What do I have to do to stop receiving the “Internet Explorer has stopped working” drop down on Internet sign on attempts?

Thanks.

adkron

Advertisements

KimE_WinTeam

KimE_WinTeam

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi adkron,

Have you considered uninstalling then re-installing IE?

Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team

adkron

adkron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
HI Kim,

No but that sounds like a good idea if the problem comes back. I did an advances recovery and that has solved the problem for a couple of days anyway. Thanks so much for your help.

Ron