Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Format Q?

• Please log in to reply

jonesnewton

jonesnewton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

There are 2 versions of windows XP. It's Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Proffesional Edition. Now, the home edition is a bit bit lighter than prof. edition. If you want your kid to play, install home edition, if you want to do your job on the pc, then install prof. edition.

OK, so when I had XP Pro installed before it ran real slow, painful, would XP Home (if I installed Home) run better or much the same as Pro?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You will hardly notice any difference between home edition and professional. Both will work very slowly. If you want your computer to run fast, leave Win ME.

Innos

Innos

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Well, I agree with skeptic, but there are several programs that can make your pc run faster and if you watch what you install,defrag the hd every week, I think that it'll be fine.

Maybe your pc was slow because of the processor you had? I've got windows XP prof many years and my pc never lags.