Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

java JTree class

• Please log in to reply

rahanik

rahanik

• Pip
  • 3 posts
so i'm trying to write myself a file manger, as i'm fed up with all the ones i've seen.

i've got a JTree set up and displaying properly, working off a self-made class that extends TreeModel. the problem is, i don't want to have to determine the entire tree at once, i'd just like to have it discover the tree two levels deep at a time, continually discovering the next two levels as i click on the tree displayed, so its always two steps ahead of me, but doesn't waste time determining the _entire_ tree when it initially loads. so. i have it set up to parse the first two levels of the tree from the root i pass it and that works fine. then i wrote a TreeWillExpandListener to force my TreeModel to discover further levels as I click through the displayed JTree. My TreeModel is updating, but the JTree is not, how do I get the JTree to update its display?

[ thanks ]

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
hello

try looking here read thru it and u may find out stuff that u need or ned to know

http://www.apl.jhu.e...rial-JTree.html

Stu design

erm....

erm....

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi im not sure if this message is supposed to be here and im sorry if it is in the wrong place but i will ask my question anyway it anyway. i dont know how to create programs only simple one like a sheduled task like the one on windows but the one on windows wont open word files or pichers or (erm i dont know if u will know what i mean but) little files ones that are saved in my documents that arnt software on the desktop. i went to www.howstuffworks.com to see if that could tell me howc and where to download the software i needed but i could not understand it (it was to complicated). if u can help plz do but its not the most important thing in the world so if u dont know what i mean then dont worry.

Edited by erm...., 27 May 2005 - 01:04 PM.

rahanik

rahanik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks stu_design. while not exactly solving my problem, it made me look at a couple of methods more closely and i found the problem there, issue with passing by reference and scope... so thats squared away now, thank you much.

[ peace ]