Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lockups and BSOD's

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well that would be great then. If it is a fault of the system itself the warranty would cover it regardless unless they say it is due to user fault which I can't see how they could at this point.
We have shown that and if nothing else you can include a link to this topic for them to look at see everything we have gone through and tested. This may save them lots of time instead of duplicating what we have already done.
;) ;) ;) :D

Advertisements

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I might just do that, thanks.
I still got quite a bit of time if you have any other ideas by the way.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We have tested all we can so I suggest getting it to them and let them find the issue.

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Merry Christmas all!
Another post from me, lol.
It's weird man, I'm watching the core temp when playing off of battery (68C Max) and when I plug in the charger it shoots up to like 80C for no reason, (Like in a matter of 2 seconds) Power settings are set so that the (on battery) and on (ac power) settings are the same.
Odd.

Edited by greenman19, 25 December 2010 - 04:32 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nothing to worry about.
Temps are not bad.

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
It's still worrying how plugging in the charger makes the temp shoot up about 15C for no reason. The power setting is the same.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
well look at it this way. You are using what a 12volt battery versus 110 volt current. Things will heat up more and I know every laptop I work on when I have to plug power in they get warmer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Seems it's a common problem.
Over heating laptop

OK what everyone is missing is that laptops were not originally designed to play games. The graphic cards in them even though they may meet the minimum requirements are just not made to do this in such a confined area.
I'm not sure any other way to answer this as the compactness of a laptop just does not allow for the heat dissipation like a desktop system does. :D

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I know they're not gaming machines, but it's good enough for me. Overheating isn't the problem with mine, that's for sure. :3

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is why I am questioning the link since the OP in that link says it is due to overheating.
Even though it may seem the same the reason for the problem is completely different then yours since we have ruled out the heat issue.

Advertisements

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
His problem is exactly the same as mine, the title is false overheating which is how I'd describe my problem to be honest (Due to not being able to immediately reboot after a freeze, even though vents are cool to the touch etc)
It must be a mobo problem or something involving the power jack.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let the manufacturer look at it and find the problem.
If over heating is the issue then continuing to use the system will eventually cause damage to other components.
You can take out the battery, hard drive and memory. Open all the compartments these sit in and then blow the system out which may clean out any inside dust.
Put everything back together and see if that helps.
If not then again let the manufacturer fix it.

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I'm just waiting for them to pick it up, I'm not gonna do anything else with it. I can use it fine in power saver.

greenman19

greenman19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey, I think I might have identified the problem. Using GPU-Z I can see that when running a 3d app the card is running at 600mhz (Core) and 667mhz (memory)
The stock speeds for this card should be 500mhz and 667mhz, (GPU-Z confirms this)
The thing is, I've never touched overclocking so I'm not sure why it's like that. Any idea what I can do with this?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That would indicate a mobo problem and the manufacturer can only fix that being it is a laptop.
It is not a serviceable part for the user.