Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wanting to upgrade graphics card

• Please log in to reply

overclick.cn

overclick.cn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
So I finally ordered the card and the power supply. Once again, thanks for answering all of my questions.

I think there's really one more question I need to ask you. I hear that if your motherboard has integrated graphics (like mine), then you will need to disable that first before you can use any additional graphics card, is this true? If so, how do I go about doing that? Thanks.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Most motherboards will automatically disable the integrated video when an add on card is installed. information on this will be in the Mobo manual. If you do have to disable it yourself, it is done through the BIOS.

Please let us know the results of your upgrade or if you have any problems.

overclick.cn

overclick.cn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I see. I think my card and PSU will be here next week ~ I'll let u know how it goes. Thanks again.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Didn't catch this thread in time, but good choice on PSU.

I have the TP3 650, mine is coming up on 3 years old now. I literally upgraded my CPU tonight :D from E6750 to Q9550. So the PSU and floppy disk drive are the only two things left of the original build - everything has been upgraded over time, and the PSU has never skipped a beat!

But that one you have ordered is the New updated version, looks great! I only have 4 SATA connectors on mine, you will be getting 9! Yours is modular (mine is not). And we both get 5 years warranty. Definitely a great PSU for the money.

overclick.cn

overclick.cn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I just got my card and the new PSU. They're both working great. Thanks for all the help, especially you iammykyl ;)

@ Troy: Yeah, this new PSU is def worth the money. I also picked up 4 more GB of DDR3 ram memory and now my computer is a beast :D

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Glad to hear you now have bragging Rights to a beast, :D

Thanks for posting your results.

If you need help anytime, just let us know.