Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Running ALL over the Place

• Please log in to reply

Addie522

Addie522

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Mouse running all over the place!!
Please help me if you can. My Mouse has a mind of it's own. It is like something is pulling it away from me. It won't go where I point it and when I try to type something it jumps off of where I am trying to type and I have to get it back on that page or program and I'll type one or two letters,,,and then I'm no longer typing into that page! Very annoying & time consuming, I've reset the mouse many times..but nothing has helped. Is there something that I can do?? I am desperate. Also, CPU is showing 100% Usage and it is interfering in going from page to page on the net. Is this related. I have run all my Spyware , Virus & Maleware and Reg Seeker apps and everything shows as OK..But it is very far from OK. I Thank you in advance for any & all suggestions that you might have.

Edited by Essexboy, 06 December 2010 - 03:06 PM.
Log removed - no malware logs outside the malware forum please

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If it's an optical mouse, don't use it on a shiny surface or an uneven surface.
If it's a ball mouse, flip it over, take the ball out and clean the rollers.

Of course, for the price of mice these days, it may be just as quick to replace it.