Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Black Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

Borch

Borch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have an old emachine. It has been working great on the internet and everything I needed it for. I went to turn it on the emachine logo came up....then nothing...I was told I would need to restore the computer. This will wipe out everything I believe..Is there any other hope for my poor machine??

Then as a back up I tried to connect my Dell back up to the internet and it will not connect. It states low connectivity. I have tried everything I can think of. I know that my internet is working as I have wireless as well and it is running perfect.

Anyone out there that can help me. I am starting to feel like the Black Widow of Computers.

Thanks,

J

Advertisements

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Download Autoruns from this link http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

**Credit to rshaffer61 for the instructions**

Borch

Borch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the 2 seperate issues. Which one would this help me with? The black screen or the internet issue. They are 2 seperate computers.