Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window XP start up

• Please log in to reply

tstapel

tstapel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Having a problem with start up a desk top with Windows XP Home addition. I start up computer and keyboard works but mouse won't (both logitech wireless), I can plugged in wired mouse still nothing. I have gone into safe mode and tried start up from last good start up and nothing. Key board works with all F keys and also cursor keys work in selecting safe mode options but when it goes to user account screens I can't use mouse or the cursor keys to select any of the users to start program up. Any advice to resolve this issue?

Advertisements

Drix

Drix

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
#1.) What type of computer is it? Dell/HP/Whitebox
#2.) Have you tried all of the usb ports?

Edited by Drix, 07 December 2010 - 02:44 PM.

tstapel

tstapel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a dell and I did try all the USB ports no luck. It is reading the keyboard but I can't move the cursor with the arrow buttons. They do work when I'm in the F8 screens.

Drix

Drix

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Which logitech combo are you using?

tstapel

tstapel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Logitech Bluetooth Desktop MX5000 with MX Laser mouse.