Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will not start Fan runs No display

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Sorry about the delay posting back, until you try a known good PSU you will struggle to make progress towards resolving this issue as you cannot test other components let alone rule them out as the culprit, can you loan another stick of the same Ram to try, clear the CMOS etc.

What if I buy a PC that i can part out pieces of my PC and make a new one

You could do this yes but I wouldn`t attempt it until you establish what the faulty component/s is/are!

Advertisements

al77

al77

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
would you advise purchasing another PSU?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Rather than to advise you purchasing a new PSU I suggest getting both the MB and PSU tested by a Tech as I wouldn`t like you to spend cash out on the wrong thing.
Try clearing the CMOS, it is a quick thing to do, doesn`t cost anything and it can be crossed off the list of checks if it doesn`t work, after clearing the CMOS try the system with the Radeon video card fitted in case the onboard video chip is the problem.