Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue AND Black screens of death

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I then decided to follow the recommended method which consists of:

Make sure your drivers are current.
OC slowly looking @ temps and running 3d Mark Vantage scores (while looking@ artifacts).

Nope OCing is something I never recommend and even though a lot do it there are those rare instances when it just isn't going to happen. I think you are one of those instances.

Advertisements

bluegang6

bluegang6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Problem is that by that time I haven't had the chance to OC yet.
I was just running Vantage to see my stock score.

I was (however), going to change the clock speeds AFTER I had checked the stock to compare.

And to me, I don't really mind damaging my card, I have a lifetime warranty on it (including OC coverage, so that's great).

But that doesn't mean I'm being careless. I took all the necessary precautions, but I think the driver upgrade may have caused the initial problem.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I took all the necessary precautions, but I think the driver upgrade may have caused the initial problem.

I would suggest then starting over and going back to the step before the driver upgrade.
Apparently that upgrade is not stable and cannot be used.