Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Error Recovery Help

• Please log in to reply

fireman58fd

fireman58fd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer starts with a Windows Error Recovery screen asking to launch startup repair, which then takes me to a Windows Boot Manager screen asking me to insert the installation disc, restart, and select repair computer.

After doing this it just sits in a loop, From the Error Recovery screen to the Boot Manager screen.

This Boot Manager screen gives an error message " 0xc000000f"

(#2) If i try to run windows normally it gives me another Boot Manager screen saying "File:\Windows\system32\config\system" with an error message of "0xc000014c" and the reason " system registry file is missing or corrupt"

The information for my system is:
Asus g51vx notebook
Windows Vista 64-bit (Service Pack 2 installed)

It started doing this when my modem and router went out, when I got them both running again I restarted my system and this started happening. I have automatic updates turned off so I don't think it could have been updating during the restart.

Also if I go to the extended menu by hitting F8 during bootup and try to turn off of automatic restart at failure, run last good configuration, or run safe mode, it goes back to the boot manager screen with the " (#2)" next to it.

It doesn't seem to recognize that the asus supplied recovery/installion disc is in the disc tray.

Advertisements