Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT)

• Please log in to reply

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I've been having this blue screen problem since yesterday. It frustrated me while i was trying to work. It might happen any minute now. It usually happens 10-15 minutes after turning on the computer. Good thing the forum saves the post for you because it already shutdown once while i was posting this. Also at start up, the sidebar for vista doesn't work. As well as, I have to restart explorer.exe (Not Internet Explorer) until i can open programs such as Firefox, AVG, game files, etc... I was wondering if this could be possibly a virus problem or just my hard drive is corrupted.

I am using Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook PC with Vista Ultimate.

The Bluescreen shows PFN_LIST_CORRUPT at the top.

Here is Microsoft Windows Report:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 00000099
BCP2: 00003CFA
BCP3: 00000003
BCP4: 0004B2FC
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Please respond ASAP, still need to do my work for school! X(

**EDIT**

Loaded onto safe mode, I had experienced a problem on safe mode while loading a program. Bluescreen, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The program I loaded was ComboFix. I'm not sure what, but my computer is acting up... DEP (Data Execution Protection) is blocking most of the regular programs I use, especially firefox...

Edited by Xtreme930, 08 December 2010 - 11:31 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Check for any bad RAM modules, testing one module at a time so you know which one needs replacing should it fail the test.
Download the "Pre-compiled Bootable ISO (Zip)" of Memtest from here: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
Create a bootable CD from the ISO within the zip folder.
You'll need to use cd-writing software which can properly write ISO files to a disc (eg Nero). Simply copying the ISO to
a CD won't work.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 09 December 2010 - 09:24 AM.

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
So use DAEMON TOOL to transfer the ISO to a CD?

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I've been having problems lately and its getting worse.. about 30 minutes after start up, the computer refuses to open any programs and gives a message.

Error Message:
C:\Program Files\[insert program name]
The service cannot accept control messages at this time

Every program says the same thing... The more i think the more it makes me think its a virus that is killing my computer. And after a few minutes, programs one by one starts to terminate itself such as rundll.exe, login.exe, etc... Later, the window's layout looks like the windows 2000 layout besides the previous programs i have opened like this firefox.exe i'm using. Also, sites randomly pop up when I haven't touched the computer. For example, it went to Facebook and Yahoo on IE but I don't even use IE.. Need help please respond ASAP!

Xtreme

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
someone please help???