Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multi Screen KVM Switch ?

• Please log in to reply

Mattthieu26

Mattthieu26

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Here is my question, I just bought a small computer from HP, something I'm gonna use as a work computer but I will keep it at home for backup purpose, since I already have a desktop and a laptop at my office.

Ok so , here's my setup.

PC #1
2 DVI SLOT
----------------
PC #2
1 VGA SLOT

At home I currently have my entertainment computer(PC #1)that I use everyday for internet and gaming, this computer run on a multi-screen setup so 2 screens are plugged in.

I just bought this new computer (PC #2) that has only 1 VGA SLOT.

I would like to know what kind of hardware I need to be able to use both of my screens while being on PC #1 and then just be able to switch to PC #2 and also use both screens (If It's possible) if not just use 1 screen, but at the same time I want to be able to use the same keyboard and mouse for both system.

Someone told me about KVM switch , but then there are single kvm switch and also dual kvm switch , which one should I use without spending a fortune?

Sorry if it's not really clear but English isn't my primary language :D
Thank You!

Advertisements

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
This may not be what your looking for but it should point you in the right direction http://www.directron...k.html?gsear=1

Kinda expensive but I would think they make something a little cheaper.