Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing images (Joomla)

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Basically I'd like to create something like this.

I have a large image in a selection of colours/materials along with a thumbnail view for each. I would like the large image to change when the mouse is hovered over each thumbnail.

To look something like:

Posted Image

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
The first thing you would need is 14 separate pictures with each of your 14 color choices applied to the cabinets.

Raikia

Raikia

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

The first thing you would need is 14 separate pictures with each of your 14 color choices applied to the cabinets.

Not necessarily. The link that was posted as an example uses Flash to simply change the color of the cabinets (much like the paint bucket button in photoshop). You will need to do this in Flash and ActionScript. If you want it to look more realistic or want to do it in a different language, you will need 14 different pictures.

Java would also be able to do it as well instead of Flash, but it would be significantly more difficult than Flash and ActionScript (4 lines of code vs. 100ish lines of code).