Edited by [email protected], 09 December 2010 - 04:54 PM.
malware program seems corrupted
Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:01 PM
Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:34 PM
- Please post your logs, don't attach them unless stated.
- Please read my posts carefully and if you have any questions ask.
- Stay with this topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Malware can still be on your system even if you don't notice it.
Download GMER from Here. Note the file's name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
- Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
- Allow the driver to load if asked.
- You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
- If you are prompted to scan your system click "No", save the log and post back the results.
- If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
- On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
- Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
- Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
- When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
- Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
- Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click on Minimal Output at the top
- Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
- Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
- A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
- Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
- Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:44 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users