Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista, Services keep being Diabled

• Please log in to reply

GroovyGran

GroovyGran

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi, I have had wonderful help before on this forum from "Essex Boy", and I have to say, my own pc has worked perfectly ever since.
What is happening here is that my husband has brought his sisters pc to our house to try and solve her problem. He thought he was winning, but now he is at a loss. I am asking on my pc because we may need replies by e mail and I am a registered user. My husband is right at the side of me trying to fix the problem and can come on here at a moments notice!

OK. The problem is that most of the services keep switching to disabled? it has done it twice now, since he has restored everything, He printed off the services. msc and manually reset everything. Ran a malware check, (Eset nod32 antivirus), which was already installed. (MalwareBytes), which my husband has installed and a spyware, (spyblaster) which he has also installed, and (Tune Up Utilites) to optimise the system.
He found quite a few infections and either cleaned or deleted them.
He thought the problem was solved, but then each time he has tried to edit the start up in config sys, the same thing has occured! All the services have been disabled, and the desktop reverts to basic, sound and internet are lost.
Can someone please help us with this. We were hoping to give his sister some good news tomorrow and take her pc back to her! (she lives on her own), but it's not looking good!!!

regards___Linda

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here