Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't boot my Windows Vista Computer

• Please log in to reply

dantecantal

dantecantal

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I am running Windows Vista on my Dell XPS 420.
the problem i have can be found here
computer won't boot

0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
directory is corrupted (0x80070570)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
What issues are you having at this time? I read your other post and it's seems your having a problem with system restore? Does the pc function normally otherwise?

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I can't even boot my computer. It flashes the blue screen then reboots to startup repair. startup repair doesn't work. when i try using system restore, none of the checkpoints work and error pops up saying the directory is corrupted (0x80070570)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Reboot system and at second black post screen start tapping F8 tp get to the advanced boot menu.
Using the arrow keys scroll down tot he line that says something about [b]Reboot on error[b] or something like that.
Highlight and click enter.
When system hits BSOD it will stop and allow you to copy all the technical info so you can post it in your next reply.

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Can you open the computer case and see how many sticks of ram you have installed? Do you have a windows vista cd? or a recovery disc?

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I can't open the computer case. And I don't have either of those cds? Are they the only way to fix my computer at this point?

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
also, is the recovery disc the one that includes startup repair, system restore, etc? because thats the screen that my computer goes to but startup repair and system restore fail.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
0x0000007F

There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
oh actually i have 2 physical disks of 298.1 gb size each. They are Samsung HD321KJ. Port 1 works fine and says Member Disk(0) Port 2 however, says Error Occured(0). Can I still retrieve the data on my hard drive?

Advertisements

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Can you get into windows?

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
oh actually i have 2 physical disks of 298.1 gb size each. They are Samsung HD321KJ. Port 1 works fine and says Member Disk(0) Port 2 however, says Error Occured(0). Can I still retrieve the data on my hard drive?

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
i can't get onto windows

dantecantal

dantecantal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
sorry for replying but it's been 6 days since i've replied and i haven't gotten an answer. is there no more hope for having my computer get back to normal?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try disconnecting second drive and see if it will boot into windows then.