Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to connect an analog TV to a VGA/DVI graphic cards on PC?

• Please log in to reply

rickstermar555

rickstermar555

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an analog TV with component & composite holes, but my graphic card only has a DVI and VGA output. I just bought this card 9400GT Geforce and it doesn't have S-Video.

http://www.newegg.co...&Tpk=xfx 9400gt

From reading through the comments & researching, I see I can possibly use a component video transcoder, but I just want to make sure be before I make a purchase and if there are any other options for me. This graphic card will support component output.

I want to use either component or RCA (white, yellow, red) cables.

Here is how the back of my TV looks like.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So..what is the best and cheapest option for me? Thanks.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It looks like you should be able to use a VGA to Component adapter cable. But the reality is, I would start budgeting for a new TV that supports a digital (either DVI or HDMI) input.

Note with the above cable, you still need to connect an audio cable from your computer to your TV if you want to hear the computer's audio from the TV's speakers.

If you have a VCR or DVD player, you might check if they accept any digital inputs.