Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hosting - good deal?

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
http://www.one.com/en/

The free one - works out as £9 for a year when the transfer and administration fees add up. Seems like a good deal to me.

HOWEVER

I want Wordpress - will it support (Size available, MySQL etc.)? Is the price a good deal? (I already have a domain)

Advertisements

Raikia

Raikia

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
This configuration would support Wordpress with no problem. However, if you are planning on uploading videos and many pictures to your wordpress blog, it may not work out. Over time, the space adds up. I know some people who have Wordpress blogs that are many gigabytes because it has grown over time. The only downside to this hosting company is its multiple fees. I don't see a free hosting account, only a $1.45 per month one. Add all the setup fees and transfer fees, plus (I am sure this company has them) some more hidden fees, and it can add up pretty quickly. I would suggest looking into LunarPagesor GoDaddy(both of which have proved to be very good hosts). While the "per month" payments are slightly more, they have no setup, transfer, or hidden fees. Also, you are paying for better customer support and reliability.

Or you can always look at having Wordpress host your wordpress blog. Sometimes that is the best solution as well.

geekLord

geekLord

• Pip
  • 2 posts
There are host they support Easy Blogging like jouss.com...I blog on it.
First i tried for free hosting at x10 hosting but failed to keep my site up when the load was high...

Then I went to GoDaddy but they are pathetic at hosting ! i bought my name from them and hosted my site at jouss :) technologies. Especially for blogging, i just love them. They reply ur msg evn at 3am in da morning !
nice hosting.

And if you are really serious about investing a lot go for (mt)Media Template. I thought of trying them but was unable to bear the cost of $20 every month !