Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows programs not working

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK do you have the Vista installation disk?

Advertisements

knownothingaboutcomputer

knownothingaboutcomputer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
no sorry i dont

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Uninstall Flash HERE then install the newest version HERE

knownothingaboutcomputer

knownothingaboutcomputer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i've done that and it didnt work but i did changed the settings on an advertisement on youtube, now the videos work. most of my windows programs arent running still. eg when i open my windows live photo gallery the thumbnail work ut when i clicked on the pictures it has an error : an error is preventing photos or videos from being displayed

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I asked you this in posts 4 and 5:

Did you install some software like a program or something right before this started?

You replied with this:

i dont think so, my brother probably did but he wont tell what. o my goodness sorry for the lack of info

Now lets check to see if any software was added.

What I would suggest is Uninstalling All Programs you don't need or don't want anymore through Add/Remove Programs

Do this by going to

Start and then to Control Panel
Click Add/Remove Programs
Carefully choose the program(s) you don't need. In your case it would be anything installed right before this all started.
Click on each Program then click Change/Remove and Follow the Uninstall Instructions

You may be prompted to Restart your computer.
Restart once you have all the programs you don't need uninstalled.
Be careful not to remove anything needed by your computer, some of which you may be unfamiliar with the name,