Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spelling checker for outlook express

• Please log in to reply

wright3279

wright3279

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Is there any way to fix outlook express with a spelling checker. I also have microsoft works and often I type in it, run the spell checker and then copy and paste to the email.

Advertisements

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Since I wasn't finding anyone with any advice on this, I kept searching on the internet and after several bum leads and bad downloads, I stumbled upon ABCSpell at Isota.com
Not free , cost me $15, but now the ABC on Outlook Express finally works! You can also download other dictionaries for it. Do the British one.

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available.

Install (or re-install) one of these programs to fix the problem. I haven't used any 3rd party software for spell checking.

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I don't have or need one of those programs. Too bad it wouln't work with Microsoft Works so their spelling list could be used. Should have been a way. But I'm satisfied.