Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!-- Trojan.Agent.AY

• Please log in to reply

Leo363636

Leo363636

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey there, I must have a Trojan because sometimes when I scan my computer

with WinAntiVirus comes up as a Trojan infecting a file called gbmeprt.exe and

somethimes a file called Duad.exe. gbmeprt.exe seems to be the root of the

problem. It is located in c:\WINOWS\system32\. WinAntiVirus says it is a

Trojan.Agent.AY. Some of the problems that are most noticeable on my computer

are, search won't work, the little puppy comes up but no speech bubble that you

type your search topics in does not come up. Windows media player also will not

work, when I try to open it, it says an internal application error has occurred(this

may not be related at all) . Another problem is that my computer is having

trouble reading programs that run on java, I’m sorry if this is not possible, I don't

have the largest computer knowledge, but I think this because when I try to play

some internet games or work on my geocities site it will not open, nothing comes

up, when I click on it, my computer acts like it isn't responding. I've tried to go

into safe mode because the last email I sent to the WinAntiVirus guys I got a reply

telling me to go into safe mode wit networking and scan. I had trouble getting

into it; it just didn't go in it just shows a lot of text without going anywhere. When

I finally got in WinAntiVirus worked and it came up with gbmeprt.exe being

infected with Trojan.Agent.AY. I'm sorry I had to bother you with my problems,

believe me if I could just figure it out on my own I would. I've had this virus for

quite some time and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me delete it, or if this

one isn't the source of my problems, the one that is. Thanks a bunch guys

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.