Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot Listen to/Watch YouTube

• Please log in to reply

GaryWB

GaryWB

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Folks,

My problem seems to only pertain to YouTube videos. Either they play with no sound, or else they don’t play at all. When they don’t play at all, I get an error saying “You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video. Download it from Adobe (Click here)”. But when I click to download it, I get another error saying “Flash Player 10.1 is not currently available for your 64-bit web browser.”

Whenever the YouTube videos do play, I have no sound. I know it’s not a hardware problem since the sound is fine when watching other internet videos (such as news website videos, tutorial videos from Crutchfield Electronics, etc.). The problem only seems to occur with YouTube. Any suggestions? I suspect it is a driver issue or Adobe Flash issue. BTW: I have Dell Inspiron 546 desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit version.

Thank you for any advice!
Gary

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
What browser are you using?

GaryWB

GaryWB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for your reply. My browser is Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 (64 bit or 32 bit, depending on which version I select). I think I solved the part of my problem related to VIEWING YouTube videos. I discovered Adobe Flash (required for viewing YouTube) is not compatible with the 64-bit I.E. browser. When I tried viewing using the 32-bit version of I.E., the video played BUT STILL WITHOUT SOUND. So the audio part of my dilemma is still a problem. Any suggestions what to do next! As I mentioned before, the sound works fine for all other things (e.g. news website video clips, Crutchfield tutorials, etc.).

Thanks again!