Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows restore w/o cd thinkpoint virus

• Please log in to reply

a**a55

a**a55

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Thinkpoint virus shut down my computer. Friend tried to restore and put a Dell windows xp version on my HP desktop. Have tried to restore but it doesn't respond to the F8, F11 brings up BIOS and cntrl +F11 does nothing. Is it possible to get back to factory HP version of windows xp? Sound and printer not working on my computer now. Kids use for homeschool. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking by tapping F8 as soon as you press the power button. If successful, download and install Malwarebytes. Update the program and run a complete scan of your computer.

a**a55

a**a55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Skeptic, Sorry for the delay, new grandson in house. The instructions were great. The trouble is the windows that was put in isn't the original and now it won't let me log in unless I register. Will see if I can find codes. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.