Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

An inadvertent act by me that I don't know how to undo

• Please log in to reply

graviton37

graviton37

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I hope someone can help me undo something I accidentally triggered. While I had the Windows Task Manager open I guess I must have right-clicked the icon for Firefox (at any rate, I did some clicking that was not intended to apply to Windows Task Manager but it unintentionally did just that) and suddenly the Windows Task Manager changed its appearance to a stripped down version, which is bad enough, but the bigger problem is that now there's no obvious way to close it. Once you open it, it's stuck there on the screen--I have to physically drag it to the edge of the screen to get the darned thing out of the way!! After trying all the obvious things I could think of and failing, I figured I would just restart my computer and that would return the Task Manager to its normal, default status. WRONG! My computer is back on, but Windows Task Manager still is in this new version where it's both stripped down and impossible to close once you open it. Can someone knowledgeable about arcane matters like this one please give me very specific step-by-step instructions to follow to return the Windows Task Manager to its normal configuration?
Very grateful in advance for any help,
Roger (graviton37)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Double-left click anywhere between the border of the window that is resizeable, and the list of running processes.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
also known as "the grey area"

graviton37

graviton37

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I genuflect, NO! I throw myself prostrate on the ground and allow the creepy-crawliest worms to nibble on my flesh as I venerate your royal geekiness Neil Jones and dsenette!!! Your remedy worked perfectly of course!!! Thank you, merci, danke, efharisto, arigato, kia manuia....
graviton37