Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Learning Stage

• Please log in to reply

Snottz

Snottz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I got an older computer up and running very well.. This thing was a piece of junk. I mean couldn't even run the internet had all kinds of registry issues, viruses you name it.. I cleaned it up got everything in order now i can open multiple tabs on the net and run backround music(OMG!) lol.. Anyways i wanan learn how to Overclock and I figured this computer would be the best to start out on. Especially since I don't care if I burn it down to the ground lol. So any sites on overclocking software that's free that would allow me to go into the cpu bios(if that sounds correct) and up the GHz please let me know. Thnx, Snottz :D

Motherboard- MS-6577 Ver 4.1
Cpu- is at 2.53 GHz
Ram- 1 GIG
Windows xp Sp3

Need any other info let me know and I'll be glad to lend it to you.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Overclocking isn't going to solve issues with viruses, registry failures or the inability to open multiple tabs.
In fact overclocking will, in the long run, probably make it worse, often to the point when the system doesn't work anymore.

Snottz

Snottz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ohhh I know that.... I got the computer back to it's peak performance I just want to learn how to Overclock computers. I just figured this would be the best way to start since it's a piece of junk and if i break it or ruin something I really don't care. As far as the overclock i just wanted to know how so I can experiment with this PC.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The MS-6577 is an board from a HP/Compaq board.
There will be no overclocking options available by design on these boards.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Neil is right, you'll need to find another motherboard.

See if you can find a cheap one that supports all of your current hardware. Then you will need to replace it, then you'll find that the overclocking BIOS options become available.

Point is not to find another one that came in a "manufactured" computer, but find one from a parts supplier (if you are in US, Newegg is an example). Brands such as Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, plenty of others too.

Snottz

Snottz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I see so any manufacturer type Mobo will not allow u with any software to Overclock... Aww but it's ok cause don't really mind not overclocking this thing just figured it would be easier with a junk then the new build I do it with.
Thnx, SNottz