Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No internet inside company VPN on Vista machine only

• Please log in to reply

Skidroc

Skidroc

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi,

I recently switched from DSL to cable a few weeks ago. I work from 2 laptops. 1 is an XP machine and 1 is Vista. I have no issues logging into my XP machine and then getting inside the company VPN and connecting to outlook, internet, or any comapny network drives. However, if I use my Vista machine I cannot do any of this once I VPN in.

Once I log into VPN on the Vista machine, my Cisco VPN program tells me I am connected to the network. Then if I try to open any internet site it tells me "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage". If I try to diagnose the problem, it tells me to reset the network adapter (local area network 2). I follow the directions and still nothing happens. I also cannot open outlook or connect to any of my comapnies network drives.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Skidroc

Skidroc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
No one has any ideas?

Skidroc

Skidroc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I still need help if anyone has any ideas please let me know.