Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble backing up files

• Please log in to reply

atrandom

atrandom

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an external hard drive which I use to store my files on. It's had problems in the past so I bought another hard drive to use as a backup for these files. I wanted to use the briefcase feature in Windows to make a briefcase and store a copy of the files in the briefcase in my other hd and sync it as needed so that when I make changes to the original files (on my external) they will be copied to the files on my other hard drive.

I tried to make a briefcase on the new hard drive and copy my files to it, but the process would not go thru (I guess because the files are so large - over a terabyte in size), so then I copied the files to the hd and tried to cut and paste them into the briefcase. When I went to update the files as they had been modified in the external original files I got no results.

What am I doing wrong? Do you know how I can use the briefcase feature to do this. I really need to back up my files and want an easy way to do it successfully. Please help me out.

Advertisements