Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPhone help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

LilDude772

LilDude772

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Greetings, fellow G2G's ;)

Welp. Lets face it, I'm full of problems. :D

As the title suggests, I'm having an issue with my phone..actually more or less my mom is. See, she activated the...Parental Controls thing, Restrictions if you look at it on an iPhone, in the Settings-General-Restrictions area..except time has passed since she has done so and now she can't even remember the password!

And I'm pretty sure some of you have the gears going in your head thinking I just want to bypass the password. This, my friends, is In-Corr-Ect. Don't believe me I'll lend ya my mums # and you can even ask her.

Word to point, is there a way to reset the restrictions' password? She's already tried numerous attempts at it, but now each time she 'fails' (According to the phone) to type in the correct password, it has us wait longer and longer between trying it again.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Geeks to Go Forums > Terms of Use
http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers
o. Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

LilDude772

LilDude772

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Geeks to Go Forums > Terms of Use
http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers
o. Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

Bah..I wish rules like that had some slack towards the latter part of that: And/or Recover password.

Oh well. Thanks for the reminder Spyware..hopefully I can solve this issue. =/

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Try this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808
This should wipe your iPhone to its initial configuration, even if restrictions are in effect. Remember to back up important data though.
And believe me, the "no password recovery" part in the ToS is pretty useless. Anyone with physical access to a computer can compromise it. Tools like chntpw can reset Windows password of any user, given boot access. BIOSes can be reset at will. Sooner or later, one can remove the passwords/restrictions if s/he is motivated enough.