Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

• Please log in to reply

jonihall92

jonihall92

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello, im on my old pc, the router is connected to my pc, but the internet connection keeps dropping every ten minutes or so. Sometimes there's no problem, sometimes its constantly dropping, My laptop is connected wirelessly to the same connection and never has this problem. Can somebody help me?

Thankyouu.

Advertisements

jhubert74

jhubert74

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am assuming you mean that the inet is dropping from your ISP? I would make note of what lights are lit on the modem when it is working fine, then make note of what lights are lit/not lit when it isn't working. If your modem (from ISP provider) is dropping one of the lights will be out when it is down. If this is the case you will want to call this issue into the ISP and let them know your service has been dropping and that Blah light is not lit when the service goes out. this will help them understand it is an issue on their end.