Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Too Many Network Connectors?

• Please log in to reply

LuxNecronis

LuxNecronis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, here's the deal. I built this system a while back after my old Optiplex GX-260 died. It's a good system, but I decided I was missing some of my old bookmarks.

I was running Ubuntu on that system, so I brought the drive over after I installed Ext2IFS to read the partition. I was having issues getting the drive to read, so I simply returned the hardware back to its original configuration, and rebooted.

Somehow, I ended up with the following.

Spoiler

I have a wireless PCI card in the system that is no longer functioning (thank the stars that the onboard wasn't compromised), and everything else seems to be in working order... except for a docking station that doesn't exist, twenty-six new network connectors, and a couple other devices I don't quite recall putting in the box.

A rollback has not worked, nor has actively seeking the drivers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If the option is there did you try to go into your BIOS and disable any extra Network Cards that you are not using.