Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer very slow when printing PDF's

• Please log in to reply

chac

chac

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hey Guys

I have had this problem for a while now and am looking for some help.

I am working on a networked printer and whenever I try to print a PDF, the file at 1st becomes unresponsive then after around 15mins prints. (sometimes it simply fails to print)

I have upgraded my Abode to the most recent version and have also recently tried using both Foxit & Perfect PDF none of the 3 are given any better results.

The printer is an HP Laserjet 3030

I did notice that when the print is spooling the file size goes from a few hundred kb to +10mb, is there a way of stopping this increase ?

Chac

Edited by chac, 16 December 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You might try the HP support website for a newer printer driver and/or HP printer software for that model:
http://h20000.www2.h...5&lang=en&cc=uk

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How big are these PDF files?

chac

chac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thanks for the replies guys, phillipcorcoran I am currently downloading drivers off of the HP site

Neil, the most recent one was 491kb, put when I put it to print it increase's to over 10mb

chac

chac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have downloaded drivers suggested and have now tried printing with Foxit, Perfet & Abode but the again the size of the file increases from 491kb to over 5mb which takes the print time to at least 7 minutes (gave up after that)

PS - with Abode, I tried printing as an image and also decreased the print quality but these did not help.

Edited by chac, 17 December 2010 - 05:40 PM.

chac

chac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Just reading about Cute PDF Writer

Anyone know if this would be a better option ?