Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection broken

• Please log in to reply

iDigo

iDigo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey. I'm having a problem with my laptop, I use Wi-Fi to connect to my network, and haven't been able to use the internet for a while. This all started when I tried to install Sunbelt's Personal Firewall on my laptop, but Windows stopped me saying it had issues with compatibility, after which the installer "rolled back" the actions it took. My PC crashed and I forced a restart, then my connection was limited for a while, but after some time, the connection appeared to have gone back to normal, still I can't use the internet. I know this isn't a problem with the modem or router, because other computers using my network have no problems. I don't know what to do, I tried pretty much everything, from searching for a leftover of the firewall to uninstalling my antivirus (Vipre Antivirus Home). Can anyone help? My router is a Tenda W541R. Thanks!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Have you tried rolling back the system with System Restore to a date before you installed the Sunbelt Firewall?

iDigo

iDigo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, I tried, but it failed giving me an error message. I'll reply later with the actual text, something about not being able to extract a file(s).

iDigo

iDigo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I couldn't get it, but it's what I said. Something about not being able to extract a file from %Restore%