Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wanting to know what my processor is

• Please log in to reply

usmc1985paj

usmc1985paj

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am a student and i need to upgrade to adobe flash and I tried to download the software and it tells me that i have the wrong os that i am 32bit not 64bit i have checked my computer information and this is what it tells me my processor is AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz

is this a 32bit os or a 64bit os or can i change something to run 64bit software
I am using a dell inspiron 531
installed memeory is 4.00GB (3.44 GB usable)

can someone help me with this, my advisor said nothing aboutadobe flash and that i would need it so i am in a hard place and need to know what i can do.

thanks to all that can help me.

Paul...

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
While your processor is 64-bit capable, it is able to run either a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system. Right-click on Computer and select properties, it will tell you in there.

Sounds like you have 32-bit. If you want to run 64-bit you will need to perform a fresh install with a 64-bit disc and license.

Troy