Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore windows 7 to factory settings without cd

• Please log in to reply

Butterfly78

Butterfly78

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I need to know if there is any way i can restore Windows 7 back to factory settings without the cds. I forgot to make the recovery discs before i started doing anything on my computer. My computer is an Acer Aspire X1800. Please any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Acer:
Hard Disk Recovery
should be enabled by default. If it is not, you may need to go into your system’s BIOS by hitting F2 at boot and enable it under the Advanced tab.

Once Hard Disk Recovery is enabled, restart the system and hit ALT+F10. This will begin the system recovery process. You will be prompted to type six zeros as a security step. Type 000000 to proceed.
This will format and reinstall the OS and all original programs just as it was brand new.

Butterfly78

Butterfly78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried both of ur suggestions and neither of them do anything. The system just continues to load as per normal.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try to contact Acer and see if you can purchase a set of recovery disks from them. Usually most manufacturers supply them for less then 50 USD and include your OS and all drivers for the system.
Depending on the age of the system I have seen some manufacturers send the disks out for free.

Butterfly78

Butterfly78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks very much. I will contact them tomorrow and see what they can do to help me :D

knighter

knighter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I have the same situation except I have an Asus laptop running windows 7 what should I do?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Knighter

Asus:

You can use it from a special hidden partition on the hard drive by pressing F9 at system startup

gd021487

gd021487

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i have a hp with windows 7, what should my procedure be?