Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death for windows 7

• Please log in to reply

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
HEY!! I FIGURED IT OUT! It's my Adobe Acrobat!!!! I went one by one, checking the things in my startup. And when I checked Adobe Acrobat, the error CAME!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Driver, Hardware or Software.
Hmm that is really generic.
External USB cdrom connected would cause this.
Is there a internal cdrom connected to the system even though it may not work?

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
bah it's not my acrobat. I uninstalled acrobat, and the error still came...twice! It rebooted twice :D No I don't have an internal CD rom at all. It's just an external CD rom connected via USB. but the error keeps saying that my cd rom "fails to load" in event viewer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is so strange.
:D

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Tell me about it *sigh*

Is there any way that I can make my laptop forget that it thinks it has a cd rom? like delete the cd rom from bios or something? I think that it keeps thinking that my portable one via USB is a permanent thing. no way to disable that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can go into the bios and take the cdrom out of the boot sequence.
Not sure if it will stop it but it's worth a try.

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
any tips on how to do that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the cdrom drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it so it is not there.

Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
okay this is getting weirder and weirder. When I had to run memtest or the seatools diagnostics test, I used to go into bios and change the sequence so that cd rom was at the top. Now I go into bios as you told me, and there is no CD rom. but still I got this error:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
cdrom

I found a site that recommended a way to solve this problem: http://www.itexperie...-to-load-cdrom/ I did exactly as what was advised, and after I re-booted, the error wasn't in Event Viewer anymore!!!! I actually have no errors showing up from when I re-booted. They're all "Information".

The laptop hasn't crashed, even after two re-boots. I hope it stays this way!!!!!! I *think* it's fixed! I really hope so this time!

Time to re-install my norton, adobe flash player, and adobe acrobat >.<

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Nope, I spoke way too soon. Errors came, and not just once, but one after another.

I got this from WhoCrashed:

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 1/1/2011 12:05:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\123110-19328-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x71F00)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8D4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000307C4D8)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 1/1/2011 12:05:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8D4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000307C4D8)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 1/1/2011 12:03:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\123110-20467-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xA1C, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800030D04D8)

On Sat 1/1/2011 12:00:21 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\123110-18345-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80003058E01, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Fri 12/31/2010 11:55:03 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\123110-18954-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030A5591)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed.
Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Advertisements

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
http://www.sevenforu...d-bugcheck.html

Is my system over-clocking?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A easy way to find out is enter the bios again.
Now look for a place that says something like Load Defaults
This will take everything back to factory settings. Make sure you save everything before exiting bios or it will return to previous state.
Also check the time and date to make sure they are right.
I just want to see what it says as I'm suspicious of a low cmos battery right now.

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
alright I'll do that right now. by the way, I don't think its the cmos battery. I just bought the laptop literally 4 months ago. the cmos battery can't already be weak can it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Anything is possible.
If you just bought it 4 months ago did you buy it brand new?

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Yes, brand new from best buy. I just loaded the defaults. It saved fine. but the error still came.

the only error that now shows up in Event Viewer is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff800030a2591). A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 123110-30170-01.

followed closely by:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.