Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death for windows 7

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I will await the results of the format and fresh install.

Advertisements

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
It works fine thank God!! I'm so happy! thank you for all the help you provided, honestly! :D

Now that I have a completely brand new system, what would you recommend I install on it? I have Norton anti-virus. Is there anything else? Should I install Malware anti bytes on it? along with what else? thank you so very much ;)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not a fan of Norton's because it is such a resource hog.
I would suggest the following.
MSE Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
Windows Firewall

These should give you a good all around protection. Just remember that the best protection is only as good as the browsing habits you have.
Another good program to have is WOT or Web Of Trust.
It will help you stay away from sites that are known for malicious software.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sound working
Video is working good
Web browser is working
Speed back to normal
You can play dvd's with no problem

Just a few of things I like to check especially on a laptop to make sure everything is working correctly.
Might double check the Device Manager to make sure all drivers are loaded and no yellow exclamation marks are showing.

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Everything is working perfectly ;) The only thing I'm not bothering with is hooking my portable CD/DVD drive via USB to my laptop. I know my problems started when I hooked the drive to my laptop. I guess I shouldn't bother with it :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well at this point if it is the problem now is the time to find out with a fresh install there should be no problems unless the drive itself is the problem. :D

moofasa

moofasa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I see I see. That's okay though. I still have my old laptop and the drive hooks up just fine to that one. If I ever need to burn something, the old HP laptop will work just fine ;)

I guess that's it for my issue. Thank you so much for the past weeks! Oddly enough, I'll miss this thread :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hang around and enjoy the other topics and forums now that you are back up and running. Feel free to add any advice you think will help in any forum besides the malware forums.
Congratulations Moofasa. ;) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible