Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon 5750 on gateway fx

• Please log in to reply

Aaron145165

Aaron145165

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well i just got this computer for my birthday (gateway fx6840) and i decided to hurry up and download all my programs now, so i also wanted to get the latest graphics card drivers for my Radeon HD 5750. so when i installed it my screen resolution went to about 800x600 and didnt revert to my normal screen resolution. so i then decided to restart and see what happens. when i turned my computer on it looked fine but there were some flickering pixels and they seemed to be displaced from where they should be. so i did a system restore back to when i installed ventrilo (before i updated drivers)and when it came back on it was still the same. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, system restore, and the drivers straight form the gateway website. can someone help me fix this? someone told me that the chip could be damaged but why would it only happen when i update the drivers.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts
Hi Aaron145165 :D sorry to hear you are having graphics issues.
I have just read more than one thread where people have reported having graphics issues with your system, here is an example http://reviews.cnet....7-34121961.html
One suggestion I could make is visit the AMD site and check out their trouble shooting guide and drivers;
http://support.amd.c...SupportHub.aspx
Other than this I would return the computer and let them sort it out, it is not as if you have done something you shouldn`t have, a word of advice for the future, unless you are having issues with drivers leave them alone, newer isn`t always better I am afraid as you have now found out.