Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"I have a Samsung G2 external hard drive .

• Please log in to reply

chester-spike

chester-spike

• Pip
  • 2 posts
"I have a Samsung G2 external hard drive .I have done a back up on one computer .All files etc are on the drive but I cant then access them on a different computer and this is what I wish to do .ie share files b/n the two computers . How do I do This please??

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How have you backed them up originally?
What program, if any, did you use?

chester-spike

chester-spike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Neil ,
I used the one that came with the unit i.e Samsung Auto Backup

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
It probably backs up the files and attach a note that it is for the computer they were backed up from so when you try to open them in another computer and your Samsung program detects it is not the original computer they were saved for it denies access to them.

You should simply do a copy / paste of the files you want to share to the external drive and then you should have no problem accessing them on any other computer.