Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard keys sometimes are not available only on this site

• Please log in to reply

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Hello,

Lately and not all the time when I login and try to write replies some of my usual keyboard keys are not there anymore and replace by other character, it feels like my keyboard language has been changed to the US keyboard but it only happens when on this site.

Right now it is doing it and to test it i opened another site I often go to and in that site the same keys are displaying the usual symbols while at the same time on this site they are different when I try to use them. It does not affect all the keys only a couple of keys and I can logoff and come back in an hour and it will be back to normal.

For your information since i am French I have my keyboard set for english/canadian multilingual standard so I can use the French punctuations keys

Not a big bother but I find it strange and was wondering why it is happening.

Thanks in advance for any help or answers to this post.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
I may have solved the issue even if i do not know why it was there to start with. What i did is I went in my language bar option and removed the option US / English out, the other options I have left are French/ Canadian Multilingual and English / Canadian Multilingual before even i never used it i had the option English / US now it is deleted and have not seen the problem reappear yet.

But I am still puzzle as to why was only happening when on this site.

Thanks

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
sorry double post

Edited by Alzeimer, 23 December 2010 - 04:08 AM.