Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless randomly turns off on laptop

• Please log in to reply

jdyn

jdyn

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I recently purchased a Dell XPS 17, and recently the wireless has been randomly turning off. Switching the wireless capability on/off (Fn+F2) doesn't help, it just stays in the off position. When I run Network Diagnostics to find the problem, it just tells me to turn wireless on, which I can't. However, when I restart the computer the wireless is back on and everything is fine. Can anyone help me find a way to keep wireless on all the time?

Thanks

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Try the Dell website to see if they have a Win7 wireless driver for that model, as there may be a problem with the existing driver.
http://support.dell.com/

jdyn

jdyn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you! I downloaded a more recently released driver and my wireless has been on ever since :D