Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sort "My Content"

• Please log in to reply

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
When you click the "View New Content" link, the results is sorted in descending order, (newest on top), which is great.

Is it possible to setup the "My Content" link to do the same?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Is it possible to setup the "My Content" link to do the same?

I use the my content link quite often. I think it's a great feature, a nice addition to topic reply subscriptions. They are in descending order. Ordered by the latest reply. How would you like them ordered?

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
edit: Oops! I realized that admin was right. I just understood what he meant wrong. :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
So maybe the expectation is to have them in the order you posted, rather than ordered by last reply?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Here's what I see on this end:

Posted Image
(Click image for larger view)

I added the eleven red numbers vertically along the right edge. The message with the red "01", (which is the the newest response according to the date and time stamp in the "Post Information" column), should be at the top, then the one with "02" underneath that, then "03", etc., etc.

(If you could scroll down further you would even see a "Yesterday", which was the 20th, below one with a date stamp of the 15th).

I would like for the latest/newest response to be at the top of the list and then in descending order from there on down. (Just like it is when you click "View New Content" link).

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I did find a bug report for this issue. Sorting is supposed to be improved in the next version of the forum software. Next update is due in the first quarter of 2011.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the update. :D

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I just noticed that today when clicking on the My Content button I get the message saying "There is no information to show". When I change the drop down box to the "View all posts by Spyderturbo007", my content does appear, but it shows me the entire post as opposed to a quick glance view. Has this happened to anyone else?

I seem to be missing everything in the view that SpywareDr posted a screen shot for above. :D

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 17 January 2011 - 01:48 PM.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Um, never mind. It's back today. :D

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Me thinks admin has been tinkering again. :D

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I think you may be correct. It returned yesterday, but now it doesn't update with any new posts I reply to for some reason.

I also noticed that the login button that used to be in the upper left seems to have disappeared.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Create yourself a GTG_login Shortcut or Favorite/Bookmark using the URL: http://www.geekstogo...l&section=login

Edited by SpywareDr, 19 January 2011 - 07:25 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Nothing has changed regarding "My Content". It should display all topics you've started or replied to for the past year. If it doesn't, see if you can get a screen capture or other details that might help to diagnose.

The login link was moved to the header submenu (the black bar). On lo-res screens (800x600), and mobile devices the login link merged with the search box which created problems. You might have to force a refresh (ctrl+F5) to update the CSS file and have it styled correctly. Soon, I plan to move the member links there as well (similar to the CleanCut skin). I think it looks better, and eliminates a line in the header.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Here are some screen shots showing the problem. The first one shows the My Content page. The second shows one of the threads I responded to yesterday, but as you can see it's not listed on the initial My Content page for some reason. It's the thread entitled "My Laptop makes an annoying clicking noise".

I haven't responded to any threads yet today, so I can't confirm that the problem still exists. Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Can anyone assist me with this problem? I'm still experiencing issues where posts I've replied to aren't appearing in "My Content". It makes it difficult to follow the posts where I have been assisting users.