Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window Vista - Won't Boot - No Malware

• Please log in to reply

ilovesharpei

ilovesharpei

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Good Morning! I am an intermediate user and have a Dell Deminsion E521 Desktop running Windows Vista. About 2 weeks ago I started getting a blue screen on boot-up and the error messages shows this issue: Driver_irql_not_less_or_more. I am unable to boot my computer in anything other than safe mode. I have tried system restore a couple times and run into the same issue. The computer will not boot properly. In safe mode I have run a virus and Malware scan and the computer found no issues whatsoever. I find this perplexing. I have uninstalled several programs to see if I could get the computer to work but again no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My last resort was going to try and do a system restore back to Dell's original set up of the computer. However, I would prefer no to do this if I don't have to. I am contacting this forum through my work computer as I am unable to use e-mail on the computer I am having issues with. So, please keep in mind it may be hard for me to copy info. from the non-working computer to send via my work computer. Thanks in advance for the help!! ilovesharpei

Advertisements