Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is stuck in power save mode

• Please log in to reply

xxbrgxx

xxbrgxx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I need your help guys. My computer will not come out of power save mode. I was chatting with someone on MSN and my computer's light went from blue to orange and my screen went black and I got the message "power save mode, press any key or move the mouse to exit." I pressed all the keys and moved the mouse but it wouldn't exit power save mode. I unplugged my computer and I even switched around the RAM cards. I took out the CMOS battery and tried it. Nothing worked. I also took out my video and my graphics driver cables. It still does not work after I put everything back in place [except the battery]. I recently put the battery back in and it still dosen't work. I dusted my hardware inside my computer and cleaned the fans. There's this orange light on inside my computer as soon as i put the power cable in the back of my pc. I don't know what to do. This is so frustrating. I need your help! Here are some pictures of my computer[Dell Inspiron 530s A].

1: http://tinypic.com/r/28vwufp/7
2: http://tinypic.com/r/dwvzhz/7
3: http://tinypic.com/r/1444ojt/7

Here are the coressponding parts to the numbers of picture 3:
1 - processor socket (CPU)
2 - processor fan connector (CPU_FAN)
3 - memory module connectors (DIMM_1)
4 - memory module connectors (DIMM_2)
5 - memory module connectors (DIMM_3)
6 - memory module connectors (DIMM_4)
7 - main power connector (ATX_POWER)
8 - battery socket
9 - serial ATA drive connectors (SATA0)
10 - CMOS jumper (CLEAR CMOS)
11 - password jumper (CLEAR_PW)
12 - serial ATA drive connectors (SATA1)
13 - serial ATA drive connectors (SATA4)
14 - front panel connector (F_PANEL)
15 - front USB connector (F_USB1)
16 - serial ATA drive connectors (SATA5)
17 - front USB connector (F_USB2)
18 - front FlexBay connector (F_USB3)
19 - front audio (F_AUDIO)
20 - PCI connector (PCI2)
21 - PCI connector (PCI1)
22 - PCI Express x1 connector (PCIE_X1)
23 - PCI Express x16 connector (PCIE_X16)
24 - audio connectors
25 - 2 USB and 1 LAN connector
26 - 2 USB connectors
27 - chassis fan connector (CHASSIS_FAN)
28 - video connector (VGA)
29 - power for cpu (ATX_CPU)

thankyou for your help in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• sepang91.jpg

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Unplug power cord and then remove everything extra (HD, extra pci cards) connected to the motherboard leaving only one stick of memory and video card plugged in, if you have onboard video and addon video card (AGP or PCI-E) option use only the onboard video (no. 28) and unplug addin video card, and then reset your CMOS setting by first removing the battery and shorting the pins (no. 10 on your thumbnail pic description) to reset to default value, Put back the pins in original position and put back battery and try to boot your system.

If you have life and can go into the BIOS setup then slowly put back all the hardware you have unplug earlier but only one at a time and booting each time until you see which one is causing your system to not boot.

If you still have no activity even with the bare minimum plugged in then i would look at trying another known good working PSU (power supply unit).

If still no go you might be looking at a motherboard or cpu problem.