Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

restore deleted outlook 2010 messeges

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i downloaded my messeges to outlook 2010. i have a pst file there but messages wont restore. i downloaded all my messages from gmail before i got a chance to set it up right. im trying get like 1200 emails back.i dont have outlook icon on desktop wonder if it work for windows mail if i have that as default email client. i added a belarc advisor report that may help in this matter

Edited by proudtexan, 19 December 2010 - 04:09 PM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
On Windows 7, the Office Outlook icon isn't put on the desktop, it's put on the taskbar on the left-hand side.
If you've got a 'PST' file, use the "Import & Export" tool in Outlook's menu bar to open it.

Windows Mail isn't available for Windows 7, but "Windows Live Mail" can be downloaded free from Microsoft's download website.