Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my phone knocks me offline

• Please log in to reply

jr chambers

jr chambers

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
OK, this has gone on long enough, I've had a uni-den cordless phone set for over 2 yrs and i don't know what to do about this. every-time i or someone else is online, and a call is made or received the dsl modem will lose the internet connection (the last of the 3 indicator lights for the net hook up goes out, telling me there is no internet). i have Verizon dsl and a uni-den tru9280-4 phone system. is there a setting i have missed in the modem? i do have the wall jack dongles from Verizon on every phone jack and the dsl straight jacked to the wall-the proper set up per Verizon. what can i do to fix this?
Joel

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
I'd contact Verizon.

jr chambers

jr chambers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
turns out that the phone dongle wasn't in place at the phone base. someone had removed it from the cord and i did not know this(and i had put up with it all this time).
Joel

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

... someone had removed it from the cord ...

If and when you figure out who ...

Posted Image Posted Image

:D

Good to hear the problem's been solved. Thanks for posting back. ;)

Edited by SpywareDr, 01 January 2011 - 07:47 AM.