Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Migrating email from Outlook Express (6) to Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

Estee

Estee

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I'm having a [bleep] of a time trying migrate all of my emails from outlook express to outlook 2007. MSFT says to simply click "import and expert" then "Import Internet Mail Account Settings", etc. When I did this, it imported folders, etc, but I don't see any of my thousands of emails from my inbox. Do I need to make sure outlook express had an updated export of all the emails? I'm in the process of exporting all messages from outlook express using "export" in the file menu. Will this create an updated backup which I can then use to run the "import export" in Outlook 2007 again, in hopes that it will now have all of my emails from express?

Please help!!!

Also, please note that you apparently cannot import into outlook 2007 any backups you created in outlook express via the "copying stored folder" option.

Edited by Estee, 19 December 2010 - 06:18 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Everything you need to know and then some more:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291602