Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal error

• Please log in to reply

Zambian

Zambian

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi, I have an annoying problem that doesn't seem to affect the computer but just pops up when the computer is idle. the error message is Fatal Error, Failed to open "C:\Windows\system32\data\fonts-en.ini" file. The computer is an Acer laptop running Vista home basic, any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Please download Autoruns from this link.

The follow these steps:
  • Extract the file to your desktop
  • Double click on the Autoruns.exe file to launch the program
  • Click on the tab labeled "Everything".
  • Then click File -> Save and save it on your desktop.

Please attach the file in your next reply.

Zambian

Zambian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks Spiderbot, Hope I have it right, nope, I am using a diferent computer and when i try to open the Autoruns file to upload it it will not open as it is an ARN file, please advise. I apologise for not even getting your name correct. Spiderturbo007

Edited by Zambian, 22 December 2010 - 11:39 PM.

Zambian

Zambian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
having another try,changed the file to a text file.Attached File  AutoRuns.txt   63.71KB   101 downloads Hope that is what you wanted. Thanks again from the other side of the world

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Open Autoruns as an Administrator by right clicking on the file and choosing Run as Administrator. Once again, click on the Everything tab and then uncheck every entry marked with "File not Found". Once done, please reboot and see if that solves the problem. I'm not seeing the entry I was looking for, but I'll keep searching while you give that a try.

Zambian

Zambian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Seems to have worked, thanks again for the effort you put in. Cheers

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
No problem. Let me know if the issue reoccurs and we can dig a little deeper. Glad I could help. :D