Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreen shutdown problem

• Please log in to reply

Drasis

Drasis

• Pip
  • 7 posts
For the past week I've been having a problem where my computer will randomly bluescreen on me with a message about Driver IRQL not less or equal. In the small window of time I have before it restarts it says something about tcpip.sys. Could someone help me diagnose this and recommend a solution? Thank you for any help.

Edit: I've attached a copy of my minidump. Also, my computer runs windows 7 if that helps.

Attached Files

Edited by Drasis, 20 December 2010 - 06:53 PM.

Advertisements

Drasis

Drasis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm sure you all are quite bust but does anyone have any idea what to do? This problem is still occurring, typically after having the computer on for about 25 minutes to an hour and it appears to be irregardless of what I'm doing at the time.

Borealous

Borealous

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Guys, I contacted PCTools. they're taking forever and I noticed I had failed windows updates. In solving that I think I fixed it.
If you have failed Windows updates and are getting Error 66A:
Remove Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 with the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (http://blogs.msdn.co...28/8904493.aspx ) , reinstall the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 and install the Update.

Downloads for Framework:
http://msdn.microsof...k/aa569263.aspx

Has been working with no bluescreen for a few hours now. I'll repost later once I've been running a while to make sure that did the trick.

Edit: DOH wrong thread, but could be the solution.

Edited by Borealous, 23 December 2010 - 08:10 AM.

Borealous

Borealous

• Pip
  • 8 posts
aaghhh. BSOD again, this didn't fix it. Might have needed to do it anyway, but still getting bluescreen. sorry. Waiting on reply from PCTools and/or someone here..

globaljoe

globaljoe

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
For Drasis,
You can freeze the bluescreen view so that you can read the error info and then research it.
To do that: Go into Control Panel, click on the system icon, on the left hand side of the system window click on advanced system settings, this takes you to the system properties window where you click the Advanced tab, in the start-up and recovery section click on settings, this takes you to the start-up and recovery window where you deselect Automatically restart, in the system failure section.
Hope this was some use to you!

Drasis

Drasis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks Joe, I'll copy the full error message next time it happens. @Borealous: Tried your suggestion but still got bsod as well.

Drasis

Drasis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok, the error message:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF88001A8B7A0)

tcpip.sys - Address FFFFF88001A8B7A0 base at FFFFF88001A02000, DateStamp 4c15a458